Senior Software Developer (ENG)
Arnhem/Enschede, Netherlands€4,250 - €5,750 per monthLocamation
As a Senior Software Developer at Locamation, you will contribute to the development of our software, focusing on translating raw data from the grids into actionable information and solutions. Thanks to your experience and expertise, we will work together to make electricity consumption transparent and virtualize the electricity grid. This gives our customers a clear picture of the possibilities on the grid and insight into electricity consumption. This helps them to shape projects and speed up the digitization of the electricity grid. As an experienced developer, you also take on tasks as a Scrum Master. You motivate the team, facilitate in the (collaboration)processes and ensure that everyone achieves the common goals both independently and as a team.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop and improve software for our virtualized substation server;
- Translate our customers' various requirements into development solutions;
- Develop the software architecture, together with the team;
- Ensuring cyber security (secure coding principles, OWASP, PEN testing, etc.).
Today, there are increasing demands on our power grid. We at Locamation believe there is a need for a different approach to substation automation. An approach that uses less equipment and fewer man hours to implement and maintain. An approach that generates data on which operators can balance and protect their highly dynamic grids so that we can keep them sustainable and long-lasting.
Our current first-generation centralized solutions are running at Ellevio, National Grid, Liander and many more companies. We are now creating an entirely new product line with new sensors and new software. Since our products are part of the vital infrastructure of our society, the pressure is on quality, real-time data processing, seamless combination with our hardware and on industry standards. The largest concept of these has now been realized, so the focus for you as a Senior Software Developer will be mainly on the (continued) development of our sensors. Thanks to you, our customers can continue to use our solutions in the future.
High-quality, reliable and real-time data is essential to enable advanced applications and maximize the use of actual grid capacity. At Locamation, we provide insight and predictability based on real-time data as the first step towards information-driven grid management. Our specialty is acquiring and processing time-critical, high-quality data from substations. We are working towards a sustainable future with respect to the energy system and continue to grow under the wings of Alliander. Will you grow and develop with us?
What do you get?
- The opportunity to directly influence the energy transition at an ambitious organization funded by Alliander, a company that also owns the largest Distribution System Operator (DSO) in the Netherlands;
- An inspiring environment and a compact team of colleagues, working on a combination of software and sensors in the heart of the electricity grid;
- An internationally oriented, people-oriented and inclusive corporate culture where you can make an immediate impact;
- The opportunity to interact with our international customers and partners;
- A great place to work with super-smart, fun, creative colleagues and a fast-paced and dynamic work environment;
- An excellent benefits package:
- A gross salary each month within the €4.250,- / €5.750,- range (depending on the knowledge and experience you bring);
- You get 25 days off every year. In addition, Locamation gives you five extra days per year to be with family and friends, e.g. between Christmas and New Year's Eve - 30 days off in total;
- A hybrid work environment. Every Monday and Thursday we meet at the office;
- Pension plan;
- Travel reimbursement.
What do you bring?
- A finished degree, preferably in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering;
- Several years of experience in a position such as Senior Engineer or Developer;
- Experience and willingness to coach and mentor (junior) colleagues in day-to-day operations;
- Being Scrum Master certified (PSM or CSM) is a big plus;
- Knowledge and experience in Secure Programming;
- Excellent communication skills in English (at Locamation we communicate in both Dutch and English);
- The ambition and willingness to travel to (international) partners or clients for workshops and demonstrations.
Don't tick off all the points above? Don't hesitate to apply anyway, because maybe your ambition and motivation are at least as important as your experience.
We would love to meet you! Send your resume to Björn Bogerd, Recruiter at Locamation. You will receive a response within a few working days and we will let you know if and when a first (online) interview will be scheduled. Do you have any questions beforehand? Please contact Björn at +31(0)6-48709874 or send an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know more about who we are and what we do? Visit www.locamation.com for more information.
Good to know: we are exploring the possibility of entering an office in the Arnhem/Apeldoorn region in the (near) future.