Software System Architect
RemoteNetherlands, Enschede€75,000 - €92,500 per yearLocamation
While the energy transition is gaining momentum, increasingly higher demands are being placed on the energy grid. We believe there is a need for a different approach to substation automation. One that uses less equipment and less manhours to implement and maintain. One that generates data on which operators can balance and protect their highly dynamic grids.
Our current generation of centralized solutions are running at Ellevio, National Grid, Liander and many more companies. We are now in the process of creating a whole new product line with new sensors and new software. Are you an experienced Software System Architect and would you like to contribute to the energy transition? This might be the job for you.
About the job
You as Software System Architect at Locamation are responsible for the development and architecture of the software. As our products are part of our society’s vital infrastructure, the pressure is on quality, real-time data handling, a seamless combination with hardware and on industry standards. Together with the team you are working on the solutions of tomorrow and you’re making sure that the customer needs are translated into technical solutions.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Compose and design the architecture of our system, including substation server software, embedded software and DevOps;
- Identify and elaborate risks and formulate strategies to avoid and mitigate these risks;
- Translate the needs of different customers into development roadmap and designs;
- Create and update our System architecture framework (concept definition and stakeholder requirements);
- Work together with (junior) developers and guide & coach them;
- Conduct design reviews, software improvements and continuous integration;
- Ensuring data security (OWASP, PEN tests, etc.).
What we offer
- The opportunity to directly impact on the energy transition at an ambitious organization that is funded by Alliander, a company that also holds the largest Distribution Systems Operator (DSO) in the Netherlands;
- An inspiring environment of a compact team, working on a combination of software and sensors in the heart of the electricity grid;
- An international oriented, human-centric, and inclusive company culture where you can have a direct impact;
- The opportunity to interact with our international clients and partners;
- An nice place to work together with super smart, fun, creative colleagues and a fast and dynamic work environment;
- A strong benefits package:
- A yearly salary between €75.000 & 92.500,-;
- Annually you’ll get 25+ days off;
- Five extra days per year Locamation will grant you to be with your family, e.g. between Christmas and New Years;
- The possibility to work from home or remote. Every Monday we all come together at the office;
- Pension scheme;
- Travel allowance.
What do you bring along?
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, preferably in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
- At least 5 years of experience in setting up complex and real-time software architectures;
- Demonstratable working experience with multiple delivery methods;
- Demonstrated experience in security concepts such as OWASP and ENCS;
- Excellent communication skills in English (at Locamation we communicate in both Dutch and English);
- The ambition and willingness to travel occasionally to international partners or clients for workshops and demonstrations.
Don’t you tick all the boxes above? Please feel free to apply anyway because your ambition and motivation might be just as important as your experience.
NOTE: This position is only open to those permitted to work in the Netherlands.
We would love to get to know you. Send your resume to Björn Bogerd, Recruiter at Locamation. You will receive a response within a few business days and hear whether and when a first digital interview will be scheduled. Do you have any questions in advance? Contact Björn via +31(0)6-48709874 or send an e-mail: email@example.com.
Do you want to know more about who we are and what we do? Check www.locamation.com for more information. Our office is located in Enschede, but at Locamation we often work remotely.
Good to know; At Locamation we are exploring the possibility to open a second office hub in de region of Apeldoorn or Arnhem.