Software Quality Specialist
RemoteNetherlands, Arnhem/Enschede€55,000 - €70,000 per yearLocamation
While the energy transition is gaining momentum, increasingly higher demands are being placed on our energy grid. Are you an experienced Software Quality Specialist and would you like to contribute to the energy transition? This position at Locamation might be the job for you! You will be responsible for product testing strategies. Besides that, you will work on Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Framework to test our software applications development and architecture of the software.
You will lead the product development team to bring the test strategy and framework to a next level to accelerate the deployment of our products and applications using best practices methods. Furthermore, together with our development team, you will assist product management and business development into establishing a proposition to demonstrate interoperability and performance of solutions consisting of building blocks from multiple vendors.
Our current first generation centralized solutions are running at Ellevio, National Grid, Liander and many more companies. We are now in the process of creating a whole new product line with new sensors and new software. You as Software Quality Specialist at Locamation are responsible for product testing strategy and the Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Framework to test our software applications development and architecture of the software. As our products are part of our society’s vital infrastructure, the pressure is on quality, real-time and seamless combination with our hardware and the industry standards. In a compact team of hardworking colleagues you are working on the solutions of tomorrow and you’re making sure that the customer needs are translated into technical solutions.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Definition and maintenance of processes for quality assurance within product development;
- Definition of Master Test Plans within development projects;
- Assist the Product Owner(s) with the daily operation and reporting of test activities and assessing test results;
- Expanding and maintaining the Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment Framework for software development.
- Coaching fellow engineers and developers to adopt automated test methods within their daily activities;
- Technical liaison for interoperability tests with equipment from other vendors and channel partners.
High-quality, reliable and real-time data is essential for enabling advanced applications and maximum utilization of actual grid capacity. At Locamation we provide insight and predictability based on real-time data as the first step to information-driven grid management. Our speciality is the acquisition and processing of time-critical, high-quality data from substations. We are working on a sustainable future regarding the energy system and are growing. Will you grow and develop together with us?
What’s in it for you?
As an Software Quality Specialist you will be working in an environment in which you contribute to our society and to accelerate the energy transition. Therefore you will not only receive a monthly salary, but also yearly 25 days to take time to relax. On top off that, there are five extra days a year Locamation will grant you to be with your family, e.g. between Christmas and New Years.
You will get:
- A yearly salary between €55.000,- & €70.000,-;
- Annually you’ll get 25 days off;
- On top of that, Locamation will grant you five additional days per year to be with your family and friends, e.g. between Christmas and New Years;
- The possibility to work from home or remote. Every Monday we all come together at the office;
- The opportunity to directly impact on the energy transition at an ambitious organization that is funded by Alliander, a company that also holds the largest Distribution Systems Operator (DSO) in the Netherlands;
- Pension scheme;
- Travel allowance.
What do you bring along?
- A Bachelor degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics;
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role and demonstrable working experience with multiple delivery methods (Agile, DevOps, etc.);
- Excellent analytical skills to assess test results and product risk analysis;
- You hold a certificate in IT delivery method (e.g. TMap and/or ISTQB);
- Experience with MatLab, and scripting languages (e.g. Python);
- Demonstrable experience in performing PEN tests and with OWASP;
- Beneficial would be if you have experience with certification processes;
- Excellent communication skills in English; you have the skills or the desire to work and cooperate with other energy enthusiasts around the world. At the office we communicate in both Dutch and English;
Don’t you tick all the boxes above? Please feel free to apply anyway because your ambition and motivation might be just as important as your experience.
NOTE: This position is only open to those permitted to work in the Netherlands.
We would love to get to know you. Send your resume to Björn Bogerd, Recruiter at Locamation. You will receive a response within a few business days and hear whether and when a first digital interview will be scheduled. Do you have any questions in advance? Contact Björn via +31(0)6-48709874 or send an e-mail: email@example.com.
Do you want to know more about who we are and what we do? Check www.locamation.com for more information.
Good to know: we are exploring the possibility of entering an office in the Arnhem/Apeldoorn region