Software Quality Specialist
RemoteNetherlands, Enschede€55,000 - €70,000 per yearLocamation
While the energy transition is gaining momentum, increasingly higher demands are being placed on the energy grid. We believe there is a need for a different approach to substation automation. One that uses less equipment and less manhours to implement and maintain. One that generates data on which operators can balance and protect their highly dynamic grids.
Our current generation of centralized solutions are running at Ellevio, National Grid, Liander and many more companies. We are now in the process of creating a whole new product line with new sensors and new software.
Are you an experienced Software Quality Specialist and would you like to contribute to the energy transition? This might be the job for you.
About the job
You as Software Quality Specialist at Locamation are responsible for product testing strategy, quality assurance and the Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Framework to test our software applications development and architecture of the software. As our products are part of our society’s vital infrastructure, the pressure is on quality, real-time data handling, a seamless combination with our hardware and on industry standards. Together with the team you are working on the solutions of tomorrow and you’re making sure that the customer needs are translated into technical solutions.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Definition and maintenance of processes for quality assurance within product development;
- Definition of Master Test Plans within development projects;
- Assist Product Owner(s) with the daily operation and reporting of test activities and assessing test results;
- Expanding and maintaining the Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Framework for software development;
- Coaching fellow engineers and developers to adopt automated test methods within their daily activities;
- Technical liaison for interoperability tests with equipment from other vendors and channel partners.
What we offer
- The opportunity to directly impact on the energy transition at an ambitious organization that is funded by Alliander, a company that also holds the largest Distribution Systems Operator (DSO) in the Netherlands;
- An inspiring environment of a compact team, working on a combination of software and sensors in the heart of the electricity grid;
- An international oriented, human-centric, and inclusive company culture where you can have a direct impact;
- The opportunity to interact with our international clients and partners;
- An nice place to work together with super smart, fun, creative colleagues and a fast and dynamic work environment;
- A strong benefits package:
- A yearly salary between €55.000,- & €70.000,-;
- Annually you’ll get 25+ days off;
- Five extra days a year Locamation will grant you to be with your family, e.g. between Christmas and New Years;
- The possibility to work from home or remote. Every Monday we all come together at the office;
- Pension scheme;
- Travel allowance.
What do you bring along?
- A Bachelor degree, preferably in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics;
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role and demonstrable working experience with multiple delivery methods (Agile, DevOps, etc.);
- Excellent analytical skills to assess test results and product risk analysis;
- You hold a certificate in IT delivery method (e.g. TMap and/or ISTQB);
- Experience with MatLab, and scripting languages (e.g. Python);
- Demonstrable experience in performing PEN tests and with OWASP;
- Beneficial would be if you have experience with certification processes;
- Excellent communication skills in English; you have the skills or the desire to work and cooperate with other energy enthusiasts around the world. At the office we communicate in both Dutch and English;
Don’t you tick all the boxes above? Please feel free to apply anyway because your ambition and motivation might be just as important as your experience.
NOTE: This position is only open to those permitted to work in the Netherlands.
We would love to get to know you. Send your resume to Björn Bogerd, Recruiter at Locamation. You will receive a response within a few business days and hear whether and when a first digital interview will be scheduled. Do you have any questions in advance? Contact Björn via +31(0)6-48709874 or send an e-mail: email@example.com.
Do you want to know more about who we are and what we do? Check www.locamation.com for more information. Our office is located in Enschede, but at Locamation we often work remotely.
Good to know; At Locamation we are exploring the possibility to open a second office hub in de region of Apeldoorn or Arnhem.