RemoteNetherlands, Arnhem/Enschede€55,000 - €70,000 per yearLocamation
As a Software Developer you contribute together with an agile development team to the translation of process data into usable system information combined with a great frontend. While the energy transition is gaining momentum we keep growing at Locamation. Whitin the current challenges on the energy systems, together we ensure that our customers gain insight into their data regarding the energy networks and consumption. Do you want to contribute and develop the best software to do so? This might be the job for you!
Nowadays, increasingly higher demands are being placed on our energy grid. We believe there is a need for a different approach to substation automation. One that uses less equipment and less manhours to implement and maintain. One that generates data on which operators can balance and protect their highly dynamic grids.
Our current first generation centralized solutions are running at Ellevio, National Grid, Liander and many more companies. We are now in the process of creating a whole new product line with new sensors and new software. As our products are part of our society’s vital infrastructure, the pressure is on quality, real-time data handling, a seamless combination with our hardware and on industry standards.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop and improve (embedded) software for our virtualized substation server. The basics of the Software Defined Substation technology;
- Translate the different needs from our customers into development solutions;
- Development of the software architecture, together with the team;
- Ensuring cyber security (secure coding principles, OWASP, PEN tests, etc.).
High-quality, reliable and real-time data is essential for enabling advanced applications and maximum utilization of actual grid capacity. At Locamation we provide insight and predictability based on real-time data as the first step to information-driven grid management. Our speciality is the acquisition and processing of time-critical, high-quality data from substations. We are working on a sustainable future regarding the energy system and are growing. Will you grow and develop together with us?
What’s in it for you?
As an Software Developer you will be working in an environment in which you contribute to our society and to accelerate the energy transition. Therefore you will not only receive a monthly salary, but also yearly 25 days to take time to relax. On top off that, there are five extra days a year Locamation will grant you to be with your family, e.g. between Christmas and New Years.
You will get:
- A yearly salary between €55.000,- & €70.000,-;
- Annually you’ll get 25 days off;
- On top of that, Locamation will grant you five additional days per year to be with your family and friends, e.g. between Christmas and New Years;
- The possibility to work from home or remote. Every Monday we all come together at the office;
- The opportunity to directly impact on the energy transition at an ambitious organization that is funded by Alliander, a company that also holds the largest Distribution Systems Operator (DSO) in the Netherlands;
- Pension scheme;
- Travel allowance.
What do you bring along?
- A Bachelor degree, preferably in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering;
- At least 5 years of experience with (embedded) software development;
- Strong understanding of networking concepts (VPNs, subnetting, MPLS, etc.);
- Demonstrated experience in cyber security (secure coding principles such as OWASP);
- Excellent communication skills in English (at Locamation we communicate in both Dutch and English);
- The ambition and willingness to travel occasionally to international partners or clients for workshops and demonstrations.
Don’t you tick all the boxes above? Please feel free to apply anyway because your ambition and motivation might be just as important as your experience.
NOTE: This position is only open to those permitted to work in the Netherlands.
We would love to get to know you. Send your resume to Björn Bogerd, Recruiter at Locamation. You will receive a response within a few business days and hear whether and when a first digital interview will be scheduled. Do you have any questions in advance? Contact Björn via +31(0)6-48709874 or send an e-mail: email@example.com.
Do you want to know more about who we are and what we do? Check www.locamation.com for more information.
Good to know: we are exploring the possibility of entering an office in the Arnhem/Apeldoorn region