Your background and interest in substation engineering and software-defined substation automation is going to help us continue to grow. As a Sales Engineer at Locamation, you will play a crucial role in supporting and advising our customers, acting as a peer for engineers within their organizations. You will travel internationally and have the capacity to occasionally act as a project leader for pilot and evaluation projects.
High-quality, reliable and real-time data is essential to enable advanced applications and maximize the use of actual grid capacity. At Locamation, we provide insight and predictability based on real-time data as the first step towards information-driven grid management. Our specialty is acquiring and processing time-critical, high-quality data from substations. We are working towards a sustainable future with respect to the energy system and continue to grow under the wings of Alliander. Will you grow and develop with us?
What you will do as a Sales Engineer:
- Act as a technical peer for engineers at our customers, providing support in the implementation and optimization of software-defined substation automation solutions.
- Identify technical challenges and propose innovative solutions to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers through regular communication, providing them with technical expertise and advice.
- Travel to customer sites domestically and internationally to offer technical support, deliver training, and lead projects.
- Serve as a project leader for pilot and evaluation projects, responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing project activities.
- Contribute to the development of sales strategies and identify new market opportunities.
Our current first generation centralized solutions are running at Ellevio, National Grid, Liander and many more companies. We are now in the process of creating a whole new product line with new sensors and new software.
- A degree in electrical engineering, power systems, or a related technical discipline OR multiple years of experience as a mechanic or other hands-on position and interest in a career move;
- Several years of experience in substation engineering, preferably with expertise in substation automation.
- Knowledge of software-defined substation automation or willingness to learn and familiarity with relevant industry standards (eg. IEC61850).
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to quickly identify and resolve technical challenges.
- Willingness to travel internationally on a regular basis (+/- 10-15 times per year) and be flexible in working on various projects.
- Experience in project management and the ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- A proactive attitude, teamwork spirit, and ability to work independently.
What we offer
- A monthly salary, based on your knowledge and experience within the range of €3.000,- and €4.600,- gross per month.
- A challenging and dynamic work environment where you can work on cutting-edge technologies and innovative projects.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development, including training and certifications.
- Annually you’ll get 25 days off.
- On top of that, Locamation will grant you five additional days per year to be with your family and friends, e.g. between Christmas and New Years.
- The possibility to work from home or hybrid. We do require regular attendance at our office and lab locations in NL.
- The opportunity to directly impact on the energy transition at an ambitious organization that is funded by Alliander, a company that also holds the largest Distribution Systems Operator (DSO) in the Netherlands.
- The chance to be part of an international team of experts and collaborate with leading players in the energy sector.
If you are an enthusiastic and motivated Sales Engineer with experience in substation engineering and a passion for software-defined substation automation, we invite you to join our team. Apply now and become part of our exciting journey!